The goal of the AIDA2 Freediver Course is to allow you to gain a good understanding of freediving. From the duck dive, over finning technique to equalisation – you will learn all basic skills, step by step. Many freediving novices are concerned about numbers, such as minutes of breath hold or depth of a dive in order to become a certified freediver. In fact, the numbers show that you have mastered the basic skills and thus meters and seconds are not the primary concern.
- Minimum 16 years of age (under 18 years requires parental consent)
- Be able to swim
- No prior experience with Freediving required
- Theory: Freediving Equipment, physiology, techniques and safety
- Breathing, relaxation and stretching techniques
- Confined water: Finning technique, static & dynamic apnea, safety skills
- Open water: Equalization, duck diving, body positioning, streamlining, safety
- Freediving Equipment
- AIDA Freediver digital student manual and AIDA Certification card (upon successful completion)
At the end of the course students will be able to hold their breath for at least 2 minutes, swim 40m/130ft in dynamic apnea and perform comfortable dives beyond 16m/50ft depth.